Monday, August 8, 2011

What are typical Employee benefits?

I am interested in a job and I am going to call the HR Director tomorrow to discuss employee benefits. What should I ask about (even if I don't think they offer it)? I just want to make sure all my bases are covered. Here's what I'm thinking: 1) Holidays paid off? Which ones? 2) Vacation - how many days? How are they accrued? 3) Health Insurance - HMO vs. PPO? Monthly deduction? How much? *Waiting period (i.e. 30, 60, 90 days). 4) Dental Insurance - HMO vs. PPO? Monthly deduction? How much? 5) Vision Insurance? 6) Short Term Disability? 7) Long Term Disability? 8) Life Insurance? 9) Any Profit sharing? or 401K? 10) Personal Days and/or Sick Days? Any thing else that I'm not thinking of???
--------------------
omg! yeah, follow reds advice! I mean, I know you want to know all these things and they are very important, but holy **** Batman yer givin me a headache! LOL!! j/k. Let them tell you all that's available and since you're calling to discuss these things, that's probably what they will cover. You could have your list in front of you and check them off as they go so when you're asked if you have any questions you will remember which ones weren't covered. but, anyways, I think you have all the bases covered. your question just comes off uhhmmm....kind of 'in your face' and you've yet to be offered a job. Good luck though!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment