Monday, August 8, 2011

Is it safe for a toddler to get a crown?

Okay, Here is my problem. I brought my two year old daughter to a pediatric dentist here in Sugar land area with Dr. Ben Villalon. He did an evaluation and let me know that my daughter has an under bite, and aside from that my daughter needs 8 crowns. He advised me that it is better to put a stainless crowns on her instead of a crown that looks like a real teeth because of her under bite. My question is it safe for a 2 year old girl to have her 8 teeth get crown and is it safe for her to go under anesthesia? I feel guilty because I let her go to sleep with a bottle on her mouth, and that's the reason why she needed a crown because of cavities. I need your advice and if this is the only way to solve her dental issue would you still let her go under anesthesia and have the crowns on her even if she is only 2 years old. If you are a pediatric dentist, assistant and have any dental background about dental field please give me some helpful tips and advice. It will cost like around $2,790 but we have a dental insurance.
--------------------
8 crowns on a 2 year old? WOW! Did you not know it's horrible to put your kid to bed with a bottle?? As for as crowns go, they are temporary for young kids like that since their teeth will change and a stainless crown is more price effective. I hope the only thing your kid gets in his/her bottle at night now is only water. I would definitely take her to a pediatric dental office to get this done as they can accommodate young kids better since they have all the equipment they need and the right sizes.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment