Monday, August 8, 2011

What am I doing to myself?

I have very bad teeth due to having no dental insurance when I was a child. I only saw a dentist 2 or 3 times between the ages of 5 and 16, now I am 25 and I still have no health or dental insurance because I am in college and raising my child. My teeth hurt constantly, it's the first thing I notice when I wake up, they bother me in class, and they keep me from sleeping at night. My pregnancy 5 years ago also took a very bad toll on my teeth, almost every tooth in my mouth I'm sure needs to be pulled and I have some in the back that have rotted all the way up into my gum. To the point: to try and cope with the pain I have taken OTC pain relievers on a DAILY basis for about 3 years. I take everything from aspirin to ibuprofen to (flinch) BC powder. I have at times, taken 10 BC powders or 16 ibuprofens in one day. I have not gotten severely sick or anything yet (just some bladder problems and stomach pains) but I was wondering how bad am I hurting my body? How much longr can ido this?
--------------------
Taking too much OTC can cause problems, but the teeth can cause a more severe problem. In cases, it can damage your brain, which can also lead to death. You should go to a dentist immediately, even without insurance, a lot of dentists give discounts to people without insurance, and there are loads of cheap dentists around. You're still young, you should get it done earlier in life as possible. See a dentists soon, Good Luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment