Monday, August 8, 2011

thinking of taking a year off schooling before college?

im thinking of taking a full year off nxt year, i graduate high school in june. well first of all my parents dont have money to support my college, and i dont have any money saved so im basically screwed. plus i didnt apply to any colleges either. so i was thinking a community college, but i really want to leave this town :( im tired of it and the people. everyone is the same. so i was thinking of saving up money over the summer and moving somewhere cheap, gettnig a job there. then working day to night and saving up every penny. and i also dont even have like dental or health insurance or anything. i dont have a car..ive been sharing my mothers. i really need dental insurance because...ive always needed braces but ive only been to the dentists like twice in my life and my teeth are really bad, i mean not terrible but it is embarrassing and its really ideal for me to get braces or the invisible braces or surgery for my teeth. (also i had bulimia so they are even worse now) so thats really a big goal i have for myself. im just thinking if its a good idea to take a year off. also i was depressed in school a lot and didnt really care about my grades and i just dont want that to happen again next year and for me to flunk out. i want to just discover myself and get the things that i need (my teeth fixed, a car) and thenill go back to school. idk any advice?
--------------------
Sounds like you don't have much of a choice but to skip a year. But my only advice to you is, stay at home if your parents let you, you sound like your from America, not sure what it is like over there but over in UK, its really expensive to move out. If you do move away and get a job for a year you might find it hard to go back to college, with memories of you hating school (because over in England college is exactly the same as school even though they say it isn't). If i were you i would go to college for a few years and then go to uni, because you can get student accommodation and student loans to support you. Also you don't have to go to a close uni you could go to any.. so you would get to move away and discover yourself ... But I'm not sure what it is like in America, but in England you do get student accommodation and student loans, grants etc, and i think everyone is eligible. I think you should stay with your parents. I mean whats the rush, you've got the rest of your life to live : ) xx
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment