Monday, August 8, 2011

Does your dentist pressure you to get work done you can't afford?

I hate going to the dentist. Not because I have horrible problems but every time I go she tries to pressure me into getting an implant for a back molar I lost years ago. First her office told me that my dental insurance would cover it so I scheduled a consultation. I double checked and found out none of it would be covered, it's considered cosmetic. The next time I saw her she said "well we wouldn't want you to jeopardize your dental health because of money"....I don't have $4,000 to replace a tooth. Then she wanted me to put in a bridge, which I found out later was also considered cosmetic and not covered by my insurance. Then she wanted me to buy a custom retainer. I have had no problems with the loss of this tooth. I wish she would just stop. Has anyone else had their dentist keep pressuring you to do work you can't afford?
--------------------
Your dentist is just trying to advise you as to what would be best for you. She would not be very good if she wasn't concerned about your dental health. Who you should really be angry with is your insurance company. There is no way replacing a missing molar is considered cosmetic. It is totally for function and to prevent future damage to your other teeth. It is malpractice for the insurance company to try and get out of paying this claim with a falsehood like this. They should be reported to the state insurance commission.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment