Monday, August 8, 2011

How can I get my dad to take going to the dentist seriously?

So me and my sister haven't been to the dentist in years... We have dental insurance (2 cleanings a year are fully covered). A while ago there weren't any dentist in our area who took our insurance now there is but we still don't go. I have been asking my dad when we are gona go and he does not seem to concerned about it.... Hes like why would you want to go to the dentist... Why would you want somebody to pick at your teeth?? Well I think I have a wisdom tooth comming in, that is going to need attention. Also I would like to have the dentist talk to my parents about how important getting braces are. Also my sisters been complaining that her teeht hurt on and off. I just don't get it, it dosen't even cost any money so what is the problem?? I mean why do we have insurance (we have ortho. insurance too) if we are not going to use it?? Its not like I can just call a dentist and make my own appointment either (esepecially if I have issues that need to be discussed with my parents).
--------------------
Go to this website: www.komonews.com and look up the story about the woman that was convicted of not taking her son to the dentist. This was just on their website a couple of weeks ago. This news station is in Seattle. Show your dad the story. Maybe that will convince him to make the appointment.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment