Monday, August 15, 2011

Can I go to the ER to get my tooth pulled if I can't stand the pain?

After visiting a dentist for the first time in several years, I was told I needed 2 root canals as soon as possible. I have no dental insurance and I cannot afford to pay over $1000 for both root canals. But both teeth are causing so much excruciating pain that I can't sleep at night. The pain shoots through the left side of my mouth and throbs in my jaw. This has been happening for the past week and as the days pass, the pain intensifies and lingers for longer periods of time. I have to take 4-6 500mg Aleve or Naproxen everyday to get rid of the pain. I'm at the point of tears. If I go to the emergency room, will they be able to pull both teeth and cease the pain forever? I have health insurance through my parents.
--------------------
The E.R or any other non-dentist WILL NOT pull teeth. Trust me, I've had 5 pulled out of my skull. It's about $150 per tooth if it's not too decayed to pull without breaking. If they won't pull it at the first dentist you went to, find one that will.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment