Monday, August 15, 2011

In the state of California, what expenses are and are not included in a general child support order?

I am a single mother and full custodial parent to four children. I have full physical and full legal custody of my children. My children are with their father 0% of the time (his choice). The original child support order stated that he would fully support the children until I finish school and find a job. In exchange, I agreed to waive spousal...we were married 10 years so it is saving him alot. I will be graduating soon and we will be re working the child support order. I am needing some input on what expenses are included, in child support orders, and what expenses are not and are to be split 50/50. His work pays for the medical and dental insurance so he pays nothing out of pocket for this. How do childcare expenses figure into child support? Are braces included with medical/dental? How about extracurricular activities?
--------------------
Normally, the expenses are not broken down, but rather a percentage of his income goes for child support, most likely with 4 children, about 35%. Have your lawyer help you draw up the new agreement to include some things you want, is my advice!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment