Monday, August 15, 2011

Can i still get flippers?

i know that flippers are usually used for patients with missing teeth, but i really hate my off-centered, crowded front teeth i have, not to mention my impacted canines that are stuck up under my lip like fangs and don't contribute at all to my smile... so in that sense i guess i do have "missing" teeth, or at least teeth that you can't see! anyway my question is, would it be sensible for me to get flippers anyway? we don't have great dental insurance so braces are out of the question for now, but my mom's working on the insurance so basically i want to use flippers until something permanent can be done with my teeth! i hate my smile :(
--------------------
Possibly. You mentioned you have "crowding" but open spots where the missing canines are. If there is crowding to the point you can't fit a canine in there, you probably can't fit a flipper tooth in either. You would have to have little skinny teeth in these spot that may not look any better than an open gap. You'd really need to post at least a picture to get a reliable answer on this one. A couple pictures with a measuring ruler up next to the gaps would be even better.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment