Monday, August 15, 2011

What are long-term risks of wisdom teeth extraction?

I had all four of my wisdom teeth extracted about a year and a half ago. All the sockets healed up fine, but my lower right socket had some bleeding problems and took a little longer. Actually, that one caused me the most pain during the procedure, as well. Now, there is a swell in the place where the socket used to be, like something is going to come out. It hurts quite a bit, and has cause that side of my face and my ear to swell. Also, it is difficult to chew on that side because of pain in the jaw; certain ways I move my neck also aggravate it. I have brushed this area out and made sure there's nothing stuck in my gums. I'm sure this is a dental problem because this has actually caused my lower teeth to move, just like they did when my wisdom teeth started giving me problems. Does anyone know what this could be? Is is possible to have a second wisdom tooth come in? Could something else becoming in? I'm 21, and already have my adult teeth. Advice is appreciated, as I have no dental insurance.
--------------------
It sounds like an infection has settled in your socket and in your glands. You need to see a dentist. It may have been that you got dry socket when you had this done and never took care of it. My daughter had this and we had to go back twice for treatment to the surgeon that did the surgery. She could not take care of it herself - he had to use special tool and medicine when this happened. This can only get worse. You need to take care of it soon. Go to www.dentalandmedicalplans.com they are a discount dental benefits company you can get coverage immediately for $14.95 a month and go to dentist same day. Also see if there are any providers in your area too before you do anything financially. Hope this helps. Take care of soon.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment