Monday, August 15, 2011

Root Canal or Extraction on back 2 molars?

So on my left side, my 2 last molars (one on the top and one on the bottom) have had cavities in them for a while because I hate going to the dentist. So should I get a root canal or extraction? I'm 18 years old and my family doesn't have that much money to spend on dental work. Also, we don't have dental insurance... So if I were to get an extraction, I wouldn't need an implant or bridge right? because if i get both the top and bottom molar out (on the same left side), then they won't be bothering each other. So I wouldn't need an implant or bridge right? Maybe a partial denture in the beginning healing time or something. So yeah, if anyone can help with suggestions? Thanks a lot guys!
--------------------
Okay, if you are talking about your 3rd molars (aka Wisdom teeth) then most people need to have them extracted. Now if you are talking 2nd molars, you have more to think about. Ask any [elderly] person with a partial denture or full denture about teeth and I'll bet you hear, "I wish I would have taken care of my teeth." If at all possible, especially since you're 18 with years and years yet to chew, try to keep them by the root canals and crowns. The cost per procedure, per tooth varies some at different offices so get all pricing info in writing. (I'd say over $1000+ each) Implants could be a possibility later as they would fill in for the teeth that were extracted but they can also be costly and more involved. Your dental office will be able to go over all of the different options and costs and hopefully offer some payment plans. Oh, if you are scared or nervous with the dentist then tell them so they can help you. And remember... brush brush brush and floss floss floss... (it might have saved you from this problem)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment