Monday, August 15, 2011

how do i get my old dentist to pay for a crappy crown job to be replaced after only 2 yrs??? HELP!!?

So, 2 years ago my previous dentist told me i should get some crowns b/c of my old silver fillings were big. Since i'm no dentist and i believed that he was looking out for me, i said okay. So I paid so much money, i mean lots of money, they aren't cheap.. Now, my new dentist (i had to switch b/c of dental insurance) said that they need to be replaced b/c of spacing(meaning you can see it and it's not covering the tooth ). she asked me how long it has been like this and i said since the first day i got them. She said this is something you would see after 10 years..OMG!! i got so sad and starting thinking how am i going to pay for this.. i got laid off 6 months ago and i cant afford this. This shouldn't be happening! oh and to top it off, one of the crowns fell out 2 days after it was put in, and he just cleaned it out a little and glued it back on. Long story short, how do i get the old dentist to pay for the work that needs to be done? I believe i should not pay to have them replaced. (I'm on California) what would be the best way to go about this? I was thinking of doing a complaint to the cali dental board and maybe getting a lawyer . I really need help!!
--------------------
first you should contact your previous dentist. They will have on record the part about gluing them back in and anything else you may have encountered. Most dentists will warranty their work. Just let him know you are disappointed in the crowns. Dentists like people to like their work!! If they don't word of mouth is then negative. See what your dentist offers you. then go from there! Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment