Monday, August 15, 2011

If you were my husband, would you be mad at me?

Yesterday, I fell and chipped a tooth. Furious with pain and bleeding, I shoved our children at my husband and left in our one working car. We don't have dental insurance so now we have 120 dentist bill. (they took pity on the fact that we have no insurance.) On the way home, I someone managed to blow the engine on our one working car. Today I got a notice from our bank that I had overdrawn our account by $80 because a bill I had paid hadn't cleared for 8 days,and the bank said we had available balance. I bought diaper, formula, sugar, and soda. Of course I can't return this stuff we;ve used over the past 8 days. I've lost us thousands of dollars in 48 hours. If you were my husband, would you be pissed? I didn't do it on purpose...
--------------------
Well it is all rather overwhelming, but there is no reason for him to be upset with you unless you're taking your frustrations out on him. He's not actually upset with you right? The tooth isn't your fault. The car....I seriously doubt YOU were the one that blew the engine unless you were supposed to put oil/water in it and didn't. Most likely the car was ready to die and you just happen to be the one to drive it that day. The bank...well that was kind of silly. The available balance is never the available balance. Do you have banking software like Quicken or Money? I'd recommend that you start tracking your purchases directly instead of just calling the bank. Those NSFs are a nightmare. When it rains it pours. Sorry you're going through all of this. It will get better!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment