Saturday, August 20, 2011

Can someone give me a quote on how much I would be looking to spend monthly?

I have one semester left in my college career appart from my internship. I called a place to get some information on it and they pretty much offered my a job over the phone. The salary isn't great (probably like $25,000 a year), but in my field it's not always easy to find a regular salary at all and the job is something I would really like to do, so I am planning on taking it. The problem is they do not have on site housing and there is almost nothing to rent in the area except a couple of trailers about 30 minutes away for $425/month plus utilities. I have only ever lived with my parents and in college housing and so don't really know if I'll be able to afford it. I would have car insurance, gas, electric, water, cell phone, telephone, a horse (likely with free or significantly reduced board so just vet and farrier-and selling him is not an option as he's relavent to my job), most likely cable and internet, groceries, and possibly health and dental insurance.
--------------------
You should find out how much you are really going to get paid. 25k per year is not alot. After taxes thats like 850 dollars every two weeks. How come you dont want to tell us all what you went to college for? Anyway if your student loans are really high, you are not going to be able to pay them on 25k per year. If you have to pay for your own health and dental i can tell you that will probably run you at least 250 or 300 a month. So heres yoru break down 425 Rent 100 Utilities 50 cell phone 20 water 35 Land line phone 100 Car insurance 200 gasoline for car just to and from work(you did say 30 minutes each way and gas at 3 bucks per gallon is going to kill you) 100 cable/ highspeed internet 300-500 Food (I spend about 350 per month, but im really skinny) So that takes the total to between 1330 and 1530 depending on how much your food is going to be leaving you with between 170 & 370 per month for other things like going out, buying gas for you car for non-work related things, buying clothes and paying off your student loans. If you decided to purchase your own health and dental...you will be over budget as that can run 300 per month (and i've seen some people pay 500 per month) I dont know how much vet & "farrier" (whatever that is) for your horse, but it will have to come out of teh 170 to 370 amount.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment