Saturday, August 20, 2011

Chipped tooth on a rock that was in my granola bar. Can/should I sue?

I was eating a Nature's Path granola bar yesterday and bit into a rock about half the size of an almond. It broke my back tooth and knocked the filling out of it. I wrote them an email, and they sent back an apology, claiming they think it was probably a hard clump of cereal (it's not, trust me, it's a rock), and said if I send the foreign object in they'll send me coupons. I don't want coupons for more rocky granola bars, I want my dental work paid for! I don't have dental insurance, so this is going to cost me a fortune. Should I sue? Or can I even?
--------------------
I just HAD to reply to your question as a few weeks ago my son bit into a roach in his granola bar. eewww. Whats up with these granola bars?? anyway here is my question, (which is resolved, just putting it here for reference): http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;… The difference between your situation and mine is that you have actual damage, (your dental work) and I did not, (my son did not end up getting sick). My uncle who is a lawyer said for us to drop it, and they sent us like $50 worth of coupons. I agree that you should hunt for a contingency lawyer and NOT send them your evidence at all!! I just wanted to say good luck and I feel for you, sorry about what happened man. -Dix
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment