Saturday, August 20, 2011

Need Dentist advice?

I'm a 20 year old female student in SD. I haven't been to the dentist in the LONGEST time and have always been scared and hesitant to go. I'm currently a student and do not have dental insurance. First, where can I go to get some good and cheap dental services and what should I do to prepare (cos i haven't been in so long)? Second, I have white, opaque spots on the front of my teeth that really stand out. What is it? What can I do to correct it? Is it bad for me? Would one of those whitening strips help? Someone help me...
--------------------
see if your college has a dental school. their prices are usually very reasonable. if not, look online to see if there is a local private college that offers dental assisting classes. most likely they see patients so they can learn their skills. call - they might even be free in your case. preparation - brush and floss 2 to 3 times a day! this is sooooo important. as for the spots, it's hard to say. you need to have a full exam with x-rays. i'd hold off the strips and use the money you would have spent on those for your dental exam, should you need to pay a little. also, look on craigslist to see if there might be a student needing an exam client for their boards. those should be happening soon - and they love love love patients who haven't been to the dentist in a long time - lots of plaque and stuff to scrape off! and often, they pay you!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment