Saturday, August 20, 2011

Delayed fixing a crossbite?

I have needed braces probably for a long time now since my teens and will finally be getting them this year. I have a cross bite (upper teeth shift over to the left) and an overbite. I am 24. I really want to do the invisaglign since how many 24 year olds do you see wearing braces? I have trouble looking my age already. I have been having pain lately, I just got three cavities removed. Sometimes I notice a jaw popping sound if I wake up in the morning and eat right away. It happens as I am chewing. Also I just suffer pain, from what my dentist told me can happen cause of the bite. Also told me I can experience headaches and migraines cause of this. I do not have any dental insurance and wont until October. Is it okay if I wait that long just despite some pain every now and then? I just cannot afford it w/o insurance. What can I do in the mean time?
--------------------
I don't think the cost for the braces will be covered even with insurance because you are older than 18 (which is the cut off limit for all insurances for braces). In terms of waiting a few more months should be fine. Just stay on soft diet and take pain medication only if it gets unbearable.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment