Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Free/Sliding Scale Dentist near/around Atlanta, GA?

I am a female in my midtwenties. I am in serious need of dental care (I don't know exactly what I need but atleast a couple extractions, cavity fillings, possibly crown/bridge/partial denture). I am in alot of pain daily, not to mention the lack of self-confidence I have due to my teeth issues. The economic downturn cost my family and I alot (my husband and I were both laid off). We have no dental insurance. The last time we were able to get an estimate to fix my teeth they were talking tens of thousands of dollars. I desperately need a dentist that will SERIOUSLY work with me on charges/payment or someone who will do it for free/out of the kindness of their heart. I HAVE been to the emergency room when the pain is all-consuming and blinding. They gave me antibiotics, and told me to go to a dentist (Yes I explained to them the situation; they told me I was SOL). The Ben Massell Clinic is not accepting new patients (even though I've been calling them for 6 months now and have never heard back, but c'est la vie). PLEASE if you know anyone who can help I would be greatly appreciative.
--------------------
Its a bit far, but here in Charleston, SC at MUSC they have a dental clinic. A root canal costs about $300 but you may be able to have it pulled for less if you're desperate. They can set up regular appointments but its done via a student at the university so it often times takes a LONG time to have procedures done...twice to four times as long. Hopes that helps though! Sorry the hospital gave you a hard time...some are like that! :-(
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment